Hoover High School's trusted views since 1948

The Viking Views

The Viking Views

The Viking Views

Polls

Who Had The Best Met Gala

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

ReVIEWS: Starbucks Spicy Strawberry Acai Refresher

Starbucks came out with three Spicy Lemonade Refreshers, along with a Spicy Cream Cold Foam, on April 16th. Starbucks also dropped the “Spicy Dragon Fruit”, “Spicy Pineapple” and “Spicy Strawberry Refresher”. These refreshers are made spicy by using a three-pepper chili powder blend. I was very excited to try the “Spicy Strawberry Refresher”, as I love that drink and I have always been a fan of spicy foods and drinks. I ordered a Tall Spicy Strawberry Refresher and was very let down. The drink was not awful but I definitely was not a fan. I felt that the spiciness was more of an off putting aftertaste than a flavor of the drink itself. I was expecting a mix of a spicy and fruity flavor, or for the drink to just taste like the normal refresher but spicy. I think that adding the spice ruined the drink by making the aftertaste very bad. I think the Refreshers would be better if they used a syrup instead of a powder. Other than the aftertaste, the flavor of the drink itself tasted the exact same to me. I definitely would recommend sticking to the normal Refreshers and I would avoid trying this drink again.