Hoover High School's trusted views since 1948

The Viking Views

The Viking Views

The Viking Views

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

ReVIEWS: Percy Jackson

Disney released their final episode of “Percy Jackson and the Olympians,” on Jan. 31. It is the video version of the beloved series “Percy Jackson & the Olympians” which was written by Rick Riordan. Percy Jackson is a young half-blood, part human part god, who has just learned his true identity as the son of a god. He now has to try and stop the gods from going to war by finding Zuses’ famous lightning bolt that was stolen and returning it to him. Fighting monsters and facing lies, Percy must overcome all the obstacles, and save the world. Can he do it in time?

Percy and his friends, Annabeth, a fellow half-blood, and Grover, a young satyr, are sent off on a quest to try and get Zuses’ lightning bolt back but there’s one catch. They don’t know where it is. Their plan is to start heading west because they are currently in New York. On their way towards the east coast, they run into monster after monster. Percy is forced to face the truth behind what it really means to be the son of a god. He has minimal contact with his father like all half-bloods with their parents, but his father does manage to have interactions with him despite the difficulty. Percy, Annabeth, and Grover, meet a variety of gods on their journey including Ares, Hermes, Hades and Hephaestus. With each god they encounter, they have to face a new challenge or an ugly truth.

There were previous adaptations that were made. However, none of them did the books justice in the way that this series did. This series perfectly blended modern filmmaking with the literary masterpiece. The combination of Greek mythology into the modern world takes you on a ride that is boat-loads of fun. You’re kept on the edge of your seat the whole time. Every episode ends on a cliffhanger and you’re left in agony until the next episode comes out. Fortunately, all of the episodes are now released but of course, the season finale ends on a cliffhanger. The conclusion of the series perfectly wraps up the series while still having an edge enough to leave an opening for a season two.